The concert by London Concord Singers is at Grosvenor Chapel, South Audley Street, Mayfair at 7.30pm on 13/12/2012. The programme is entitled The Great O Antiphons and they are performing settings of the Advent Antiphons by Keith Roberts, Arvo Part, Pavel Lukaszewski, Cecilia McDowall, Bob Chilcott and Robert Ramsey, plus a 12 part Magnificat by Andrea Gabrieli and motets by Robert Hugill and others. Further details from their website.
Alistair Dixon and La Chapelle du Roi are performing their programme Old Lamps for New at St Johns Smith Square tomorrow (7/12/2012) at 7.30pm. They are presenting old and new settings of familiar Advent and Christmas texts, with music by Roxanna Panufnik, Daniel Burges, Nicholas O'Neill, David Braid, Antony Pitts, Robert Hugill and Anthony Mudge alongside Guerroro, Sheppard, Tallis, Victoria and Palestrina. Further details from their website.
My collection Tempus per annum consists of settings of the Latin Introits for the Sundays and major feasts in the church's year. When complete it will run to 72 motets in four volumes, the first three volumes are currently available. More information (and a recording of four of the motets) from the Spherical Editions website.
Elsewhere on this blog:
- The Mikado - London Coliseum
- Gabrieli Young Singers scheme
- L'Incoronazione di Poppea at the Royal College of Music
- Merton College Choir - Choral at Cadogan
- Don Quichotte at Chelsea Opera Group
- Passion and discipline - Russion Virtuosi of Europe at Cadogan Hall
- Creating socially responsible individuals as well as musicians - In Harmony Sistema England
- The Natural History of the Piano