Christmas Day Eucharist on BBC 1 is from St. Mary Redcliffe in Bristol and Midnight Mass from St Anne's Cathedral, Leeds, using Vierne's Grande Messe Solonelle as the setting. And David Suchet goes off in the footsteps of St. Paul. Victoria Wood has developed a play about the amazing story of pianist Joyce Hatto and the recordings passed of as hers. Plus such wayward delights as an interview with Sister Wendy (now aged 82), and a programme about the real Von Trapp family. Over on Radio 3 there is a cycle of new Mystery Plays, each a re-working of a New Testament story in a contemporary context.
Doesn't quite look a vintage season, but more details may emerge. Further information from the BBC website.
Elsewhere on this blog:
- The Mikado - London Coliseum
- Gabrieli Young Singers scheme
- L'Incoronazione di Poppea at the Royal College of Music
- Merton College Choir - Choral at Cadogan
- Don Quichotte at Chelsea Opera Group
- Passion and discipline - Russion Virtuosi of Europe at Cadogan Hall
- Creating socially responsible individuals as well as musicians - In Harmony Sistema England
- The Natural History of the Piano