|Rosalind Plowright as Contessa di Coigny, |
Andrea Chenier, Bregenz 2011
24 September, Markham Square, London SW3, 6.30pm – Evening lecture recital on Verdi’s Otello. Richard Peirson from the English National Opera will discuss this operatic masterpiece based on Shakespeare’s Othello with baritone Charles Johnston. Richard Peirson is currently working on the ENO’s production of Otello.
15 October, Cadogan Hall, London SW1, 10.30am – Study Day on Verismo: Puccini & his contemporaries. Rosalind Plowright OBE will give a master class to six emerging opera singers as well as discuss her career and roles. During the afternoon I will lecture on Verismo, looking at the operas of Puccini, his contemporaries and successors.
12 November, Markham Square, SW3, 6.30pm – Evening lecture recital on Cilea's Adriana Lecouvreur. Broadcaster Sandy Burnett will talk about Francesco Cilea’s dramatic opera, recently performed by Opera Holland Park. There will be a live performance given by an up-and-coming soprano and award winning pianist Peter Foggitt
Further Information & booking from http://www.divasandscholars.com email@example.com. There are attractively priced tickets for students.
Elsewhere on this blog:
- Exciting music theatre: Walton and Maxwell Davies at Grimeborn - opera review
- Musically engaging: Cosi fan tutte from Opera Lyrica - opera review
- Co-Opera: Cunning Little Vixen - opera review
- What exactly am I listening to: Vexed question of cuts in live performance - feature article
- Essential listening: Sacred music by Arvo Part - CD review
- Prom 59: Radiant Elektra with Christine Goerke - opera review
- Prom 58: Magical Salome with Nina Stemme - opera review