As part of a South West Composers day in Poole on 2 March 2013, the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra and its contemporary music group Kokoro put out a call for scores. They received an amazing number, over seventy. From these eleven were chosen for performance as part of the South West Composers day, where performances and workshops will be led by composer James MacMillan. The new scores will be examined in a masterclass and performed by the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
The composers selected vary from an 18 year old music student, to an established film and TV composer and the lead composer tutor at a music school in the South West.
The South West Composers day includes masterclasses, workshops and open rehearsal and the evening concert, all events are open to the public. Tickets are £17 for everything or £10 for the evening concert only. Further information and a full schedule from the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra website.
- Salomon Orchestra 50th anniversary concert
- La Favorite in Paris - opera review
- I was glad - Kings Consort - CD review
- Medea - ENO - opera review
- The Bride and the Bachelors at the Barbican - exhibition review
- Medea music - feature article
- I fagiolini - concert review
- Getting it Right 2013 - conference report
- Love Abide - Roxanna Panufnik - CD review
- Drama Queens - Joyce DiDonato at Barbican Hall