Lezhneva is just 23 and amazingly made her professional debut 5 years ago. She trained in Moscow and then at the Cardiff International Academy of Voice with Dennis O'Neill. Performances have varied from work with Mark Minkowski and at the Salzburg Festival to singing at the Classical Brit Awards.
Further information from Julia Lezhneva's website, and the Pushkin House website.
Elsewhere on this blog:
- Salomon Orchestra 50th anniversary concert
- La Favorite in Paris - opera review
- I was glad - Kings Consort - CD review
- Medea - ENO - opera review
- The Bride and the Bachelors at the Barbican - exhibition review
- Medea music - feature article
- I fagiolini - concert review
- Getting it Right 2013 - conference report
- Love Abide - Roxanna Panufnik - CD review
- Drama Queens - Joyce DiDonato at Barbican Hall