|Rosalind Plowright in Giordano's Andrea Chenier at Bregenz in 2011|
Full information on how to enter after the break.
The full programme is as follows, the winner gets to choose one of these:-
24th September, London SW3, 6.30pm – Verdi’s opera Otello. Richard Peirson from the English National Opera will discuss this operatic masterpiece with baritone Charles Johnston. Richard Peirson is currently working on the ENO’s production of Otello.
15th October, Cadogan Hall, London SW1, 10.30am to 3.30pm – Verismo: Puccini & his contemporaries. Legendary British opera singer Rosalind Plowright OBE will give a masterclass to 6 emerging opera singers as well as discuss her brilliant international career and iconic roles. During the afternoon the critic Robert Hugillwill lecture on verismo
12th November, London SW3, 6.30pm – Adriana Lecouvreur. Broadcaster Sandy Burnett will talk about Francesco Cilea’s dramatic opera. There will be a live performance given by an up-and-coming soprano and award winning pianist Peter Foggitt
To enter the competition simply answer the following question:-
Which soprano role in which opera by Verdi was recorded by Rosalind Plowright in a recording which is available in Chandos's Opera in English series.
Answers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your full name and address. The competition closes on at midnight on Sunday September 21, the winner will be the first entry selected at random from the correct entries.
By entering the competition you are agreeing to receive email communications from Planet Hugill. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time and your details will not be passed on to anyone else.
Elsewhere on this blog:
- Exciting music theatre: Walton and Maxwell Davies at Grimeborn - opera review
- Musically engaging: Cosi fan tutte from Opera Lyrica - opera review
- Co-Opera: Cunning Little Vixen - opera review
- What exactly am I listening to: Vexed question of cuts in live performance - feature article
- Essential listening: Sacred music by Arvo Part - CD review
- Prom 59: Radiant Elektra with Christine Goerke - opera review
- Prom 58: Magical Salome with Nina Stemme - opera review